9.4.11

Malcolm writes

to avoid seeing Marjorie in person as her condition might be contagious:

“Yesterday you wrote in your letter
that you are sick and not feeling better.

I hope this reply with pickle and lime
will give you a much better time.

In the event that this does not work,
I advise you to go see that jerk

down the street who calls himself healer.
He’ll give you a paper for the dealer

of sweet mint-flavored pills
that for sure will cure all your ills.”

– Felix Morgenstern (© 2011)

Written for NaPoWriMo day 9 in response to this: “... today you are encouraged to write a nursery rhyme. 4 to 6 lines, 3-5 accented syllables per line (don’t worry about making them iambs or dactyls or what…as long as your lines are short), and of course, a rhyme or two.”

6 comments:

Arian Tejano said...

Yours is a better quick note than mine. I love the restraint here. the back story is intriguing.

Mike Patrick said...

Ha ha! You had fun with that one. Well done.

flaubert said...

I liked this part very much,
"In the event that this does not work,
I advise you to go see that jerk"
could be said of many a doctor.

Pamela

vivinfrance said...

I was feeling that the writer should have been round there with a bit of tlc.

Gloria said...

Very clever!

Judy Roney said...

What a parody of some people I know. LOL Great response to the prompt though I don't think I'd be reading it to my kids..well, my ADULT kids, sure. :) Love this!

http://judyidliketosay.blogspot.com/2011/04/809-pm.html